Food                      Fabric                    Paper                    Holidays                    Decorating                   Giving                     

Monday, June 16, 2008

Inspired Cards

Worldwide Stamping Week is in full swing on Two Peas this week. Here are 2 cards that I made for inspiration challenges.
The top card was inspired by a photograph of a room. I used OBP Scrolly Border and 5 Petal Flower stamps to create the background paper. Then, I used a strip of black Prism paper and ribbon from Bo Bunny. The Bookplate is from JoAnn's and the sentiment is OBP. The layout is this months Lime Tart Sketch.
Dianne's challenge was to use a quilt as inspiration. I love the pattern of my Grandmother's unfinished quilt top. It looks like bow ties. I used the pattern for my layout below.
The paper is from Daisy D's. I bought it a few months ago because it reminded me of old quilt fabric and have been hoarding it ever since. I used my Fiskars Threading Water border punch, some ribbon and Odd Bird Planet Thank You for my sentiment. To add to the quilt effect, I made little stitch lines with my Lumocolor permanent marker.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE your cards....as always...but your quilt card is especially captivating today!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Gosh, you did a wonderful job with these cards. Your black and white card is so elegant.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Beth - "elegant" was the first word that popped in to my mind, too, when I saw the first card. Love them both! And what a great idea to use a quilt as inspiration for a card design.

Kathi said...

I love that scrolly background. It's really stunning.

Great cards.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails