Food                      Fabric                    Paper                    Holidays                    Decorating                   Giving                     

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Just Like the Magazine

Last March I fell head over heals in love with the cover of Country Living Magazine. I knew right then and there that I wanted to recreate the look in my living room. 
I already have a neutral color couch and chair so I just needed to find some really great pillows. I don't know if you've been pillow shopping lately but nice pillows can be pretty pricey, especially if you are buying 6 at a time. Luckilly, I discovered my new favorite store- Home Goods. OMG, I love this place! Everything is really nice quality and the prices are very reasonable. I bought 4 of the 6 pillows there.

Here's how I did:
Not an exact match (the magazine house doesn't have the cool apple green coffee table) but I think it looks pretty good. The only pillow that I really couldn't find in the store was the green pillow with orange details so I whipped up my own version.

I added some funky orange flowers to a green pillow using orange piping and thread. It took me over an hour but it came out pretty cool. 
Left: from Kohls Center: from Home Goods with some tweaking Right: from Pier One (the most expensive pillow)
All of the Home Goods pillows are down-filled so they are super comfy. Here are some more pics:

I like it. My old pillows got a new home. Thank you for stopping by my blog today. 

Have you ever been inspired to recreate something in your home like a picture in  a magazine? How did it turn out?

1 comment:

Shelly @Crafty Creative Studio said...

I Love it! Your version is perfect! Great solution to the green/orange pillow. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails